ascottbag-hcm

Default Need help summing time

Can anyone please offer help with summing the following example in excel so
that my result is returned in hours, minutes and seconds? The cell format is
general. Any help would be appreciated! Currently my sum result ends up as
0:00:00.
04:47:03
15:09:23
18:02:34
17:40:07
12:17:26
18:16:52
09:27:22
09:13:32
14:15:40
17:18:38

Anne Troy

Perhaps this will help, Scott:
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"ascottbag-hcm" wrote in message
Can anyone please offer help with summing the following example in excel
so
that my result is returned in hours, minutes and seconds? The cell format
is
general. Any help would be appreciated! Currently my sum result ends up as
0:00:00.
04:47:03
15:09:23
18:02:34
17:40:07
12:17:26
18:16:52
09:27:22
09:13:32
14:15:40
17:18:38

Debra Dalgleish

Chip Pearson has lots of information on doing arithmetic with dates and
times:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It depends, if they were entered as hh:mm then
summed it won't change if you change the format of the cells
to be totaled. However if you start by formatting the first cell as h:mm:ss
then enter the time values it will change correctly.

Peo Sjoblom