Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to calculate hours based on certain criteria

Hi,

I'm using a spreadsheet to keep track of my driving times, to make sure I get all the hours needed to get my license. All I have now is a column for START TIME, END TIME, NOTES, MINUTES, and TOTAL. I'm currently using the NOTES column to state whether or not the time is at night. The problem with that is I am not good at doing math with time, so I can't tell how many minutes of driving I have done at night.

I'm simply wondering if there is a way to only add the times from the minutes column if either a) the NOTES column states that it was at night, or b) if the times are later than a specified time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I'm using a spreadsheet to keep track of my driving times, to make
sure I get all the hours needed to get my license. All I have now is
a column for START TIME, END TIME, NOTES, MINUTES, and TOTAL. I'm
currently using the NOTES column to state whether or not the time is
at night. The problem with that is I am not good at doing math with
time, so I can't tell how many minutes of driving I have done at
night.

I'm simply wondering if there is a way to only add the times from the
minutes column if either a) the NOTES column states that it was at
night, or b) if the times are later than a specified time.

Have a look at the SUMIF() function...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Neither of the functions that you provided are what I need (unless I'm just stupid and don't understand them). What I need is something similar to below.

Expected:

+------------+------------+-------+---------+---------+-------------+
| Start Time | End Time | Notes | Minutes | Total | Night Total |
+------------+------------+-------+---------+---------+-------------+
| 2:45:00 PM | 3:00:00 PM | | 0:15:00 | 0:45:00 | 0:30:00 |
+------------+------------+-------+---------+---------+-------------+
| 7:30:00 PM | 8:00:00 PM | Night | 0:30:00 | | |
+------------+------------+-------+---------+---------+-------------+

Either this ^ or the same thing minus the "Night" written in the notes column.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 4:26:12 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Neither of the functions that you provided are what I need (unless I'm just stupid and don't understand them). What I need is something similar to below.

Expected:

+------------+------------+-------+---------+---------+-------------+
| Start Time | End Time | Notes | Minutes | Total | Night Total |
+------------+------------+-------+---------+---------+-------------+
| 2:45:00 PM | 3:00:00 PM | | 0:15:00 | 0:45:00 | 0:30:00 |
+------------+------------+-------+---------+---------+-------------+
| 7:30:00 PM | 8:00:00 PM | Night | 0:30:00 | | |
+------------+------------+-------+---------+---------+-------------+

Either this ^ or the same thing minus the "Night" written in the notes column.

or better yet, take a look at an example sheet:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QZ...6QjzPKB3CD DA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Wed, 17 Aug 2016 16:33:15 -0700 (PDT) schrieb
:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QZ...6QjzPKB3CD DA

look he
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2cxlsm
for "Driving Times Example"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 9:10:13 PM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi,

Am Wed, 17 Aug 2016 16:33:15 -0700 (PDT) schrieb
:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QZ...6QjzPKB3CD DA

look he
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2cxlsm
for "Driving Times Example"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

Thank you so much! I feel like an idiot for not figuring that out! I will definitely use this!