Junior Member

Default If/Then functions

I have a vert. column of cells with values from 1/8, 9/64, 5/32, etc up to 1/2. What I need is to show "if the value in cell E8 is between the values in A12:A15 then show 1/16 in the target cell, if E8 is between A16:A19 show 5/64, if E8 is between A20:A24 show 3/32 and so on... I have tried different combinations of "IF's" and tried a few suggestions from google/yahoo but can't get it right.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Grim
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 18:14:03 +0100, Grimsgrin wrote:

I have a vert. column of cells with values from 1/8, 9/64, 5/32, etc up
to 1/2. What I need is to show "if the value in cell E8 is between the
values in A12:A15 then show 1/16 in the target cell, if E8 is between
A16:A19 show 5/64, if E8 is between A20:A24 show 3/32 and so on... I
have tried different combinations of "IF's" and tried a few suggestions
from google/yahoo but can't get it right.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Grim

|Filename: Example1.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=983|

Your jpg is of insufficient resolution for me to tell anything about how your data is set up. But it sounds like you need either a lookup table, or a rounding formula, depending on the mathematical relationship (or lack thereof), between the valule in E8, and the values in column A