Junior Member

Default Vlookup an array and report min, max and average as a result

Hi,

I have 2 columns (A & B). A houses "dates" and B houses corresponding "numbers". Dates are all 1 week apart but data for some weeks in between might be missing.

I need to look up the numbers for a certain week of the month for last "n" years and calculate min, max and average in columns C, D and E respectively.

I have tried different combinations of vlookup, index, match etc. but to no avail.

Please assist (or is there a better/ easier way of using some other formula/ function). I have attached the file as a zipped file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sample.txt (9.8 KB, 68 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Wed, 21 May 2014 13:07:00 +0100 schrieb Curios101:

I have 2 columns (A & B). A houses "dates" and B houses corresponding
"numbers". Dates are all 1 week apart but data for some weeks in between
might be missing.

I need to look up the numbers for a certain week of the month for last
"n" years and calculate min, max and average in columns C, D and E
respectively.

please have a look:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for "StatisticsForWeeknum"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Junior Member

Thanks Claus. But I can not see any forumla. Can you tell me what formula have you used and in what cell? OR if you can send me the excel directly.
Junior Member

Hi Claus,

This does not show any formula. Can you tell me what formula have you used? OR, can you send me the excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Thu, 22 May 2014 14:55:53 +0100 schrieb Curios101:

Hi Claus,

This does not show any formula. Can you tell me what formula have you
used? OR, can you send me the excel?

rightclick and download the file if you don't see the formula in
OneDrive

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

Junior Member

Thanks Claus. It really helped.

I was not aware of the Weeknum function!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Fri, 23 May 2014 16:15:20 +0100 schrieb Curios101:

I was not aware of the Weeknum function!!

please have another look for your workbook on OneDrive.
I added two other suggestions.

Regards
Claus B.