Junior Member

Default Values from one sheet appearing in another sheet

Hi, all!

I am new to your forum, and possess what I would consider minimal knowledge in Excel. I don't use it much, but the when I do use it, I generally use it correctly. I am self-taught by extensively reading help files and occasionally reading forums.

I have an Excel file which I have successfully used to keep track of my bills and payments. At the end of each year, I use the "Save As . . ." function to roll over the file to the next year, and simply delete the entered numbers and start again for the new year.

I recently discovered text from a second sheet entered in the first sheet. I presumed I had inadvertently entered it there by mistake. But I checked the second sheet and it was there. When I removed it from Sheet 1, it was deleted from Sheet 2. On Sheet 2, I saw numerical entries that I had just entered on Sheet 1. When I deleted them from Sheet 2, they disappeared from Sheet 1 (I used Ctrl-Z to get them back).

Something is wrong with this file and I don't know what it is, and I am hoping someone far more knowledgeable than I am may recognize the 'symptoms' and be able to offer advice. I would rather not have to recreate this file from scratch (but will if I have to).

Thanks in advance for your patience with this newbie.