Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting Amendment

Hello

I've currently got a condition as: Cell Value = CN, applied to $H:$H (ie a whole col) but I'd like to change that to "If first character of cell = C". Haven't done this for so long that I can't seem to get the formula right. :( Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Rob,

Am Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:12:24 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Rob Nance:

I've currently got a condition as: Cell Value = CN, applied to $H:$H (ie a whole col) but I'd like to change that to "If first character of cell = C". Haven't done this for so long that I can't seem to get the formula right. :( Help?

try in conditional formatting "Formula to determine..." and enter the
formula:
=LEFT(H1,1)="C"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate SP2 / Windows7 SP1
Office 2007 Ultimate SP3 / 2010 Professional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Friday, 28 March 2014 21:19:22 UTC, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Rob,

Am Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:12:24 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Rob Nance:

I've currently got a condition as: Cell Value = CN, applied to $H:$H (ie a whole col) but I'd like to change that to "If first character of cell = C". Haven't done this for so long that I can't seem to get the formula right. :( Help?

try in conditional formatting "Formula to determine..." and enter the

formula:

=LEFT(H1,1)="C"

Regards

Claus B.

--

Vista Ultimate SP2 / Windows7 SP1

Office 2007 Ultimate SP3 / 2010 Professional

Thanks, Claus. Worked for that condition and I've amended it accordingly for other conditions in the column and it seems to be working for them too - so far!