Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COUNTIFS ?

Hi,
I am analysing a school questionnaire and need to count the number of
answers that fit to one particular class.
My answers are in a column, and they will be, A to D. My classes will be in
an adjacent column.

So I'm trying to write the formula that will find how many from one class
gave a particular answer (a, be, c or d)
I will have four answer cells so that I can see the results for each of the
four answers, and for each year.

Class Q1
1 a
1 b
3 c
6 d

I've attempted to read and understand the help info, but have failed to
write a working formula!

Thanks,
Malcolm...