Junior Member

Angry Excel is too complicated for me

I need to convert 3 cells, one being DAYS, the second Hours, and the third MINS into a 4th cell which needs to be a decimal. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel is too complicated for me

Hi Leah,

Am Sat, 15 Feb 2014 16:41:35 +0000 schrieb Leah1668:

I need to convert 3 cells, one being DAYS, the second Hours, and the
third MINS into a 4th cell which needs to be a decimal. Can anyone tell
me how to do this?

days in A1, hours in B1, minutes in C1 then
=A1+B1/24+C1/1440

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Leah1668" wrote:
I need to convert 3 cells, one being DAYS,
the second Hours, and the third MINS into
a 4th cell which needs to be a decimal.

Decimal what?!

If decimal days, try:

=A1+TIME(B1,C1,0)
or
=A1 + B1/24 + C1/1440

formatted as Number, where A1 is days, B1 is hour, and C1 is minutes.

If decimal hours, try:

=(A1+TIME(B1,C1,0))*24
or
=A1*24 + B1 + C1/60

If decimal minutes, try:

=(A1+TIME(B1,C1,0))*1440
or
=A1*1440 + B1*60 + C1

The multipliers are derived from the fact that Excel time is represented as
a fraction of a day. There are 24 hours or 1440 (24*60) minutes in a day.

Junior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi Leah,

Am Sat, 15 Feb 2014 16:41:35 +0000 schrieb Leah1668:

I need to convert 3 cells, one being DAYS, the second Hours, and the
third MINS into a 4th cell which needs to be a decimal. Can anyone tell
me how to do this?

days in A1, hours in B1, minutes in C1 then
=A1+B1/24+C1/1440

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Woohoo, it worked. Thank you sooo much!!
Junior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah1668 View Post
Woohoo, it worked. Thank you sooo much!!
I did all that except I put /60 instead of /1440