Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GW GW is offline

Default Simple nested if and statement

Is anyone able to help with the following?

I have data with relationships represented in columns A and B and want to create a function to give the output in the final column.

I think I need a nested if / and statement but not sure exactly how to configure it.

Col A Col B Output
Apples Apples Full
Apples Oranges Partial
Oranges Apples None
Oranges Oranges None

Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Thu, 23 Jan 2014 11:06:32 -0800 (PST) schrieb GW:

Col A Col B Output
Apples Apples Full
Apples Oranges Partial
Oranges Apples None
Oranges Oranges None

try:
=IF(A1&B1="ApplesApples","Full",IF(A1="Apples","Pa rtial","None"))

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That does the trick! Thanks very much indeed.