SCOOBYDOO

Default DATEIF Name error

Hi, I have to find the difference between two dates, the first (and earlier
date) is in column C, cells C2 - C5910 and the second is in column H, same
row references. The dates are in a dd/mm/yyyy format. I have input the
following in column I - =DATEIF(c2,h2,"d") which I expected to return the
number of days between the two dates, however, I am getting a "#NAME?" error.
Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:59:10 -0700, SCOOBYDOO
wrote:

Hi, I have to find the difference between two dates, the first (and earlier
date) is in column C, cells C2 - C5910 and the second is in column H, same
row references. The dates are in a dd/mm/yyyy format. I have input the
following in column I - =DATEIF(c2,h2,"d") which I expected to return the
number of days between the two dates, however, I am getting a "#NAME?" error.
Can anyone help please?

Thanks

The correct name of the worksheet function is DATEDIF.
^

(You left out the second "D").

But for days between dates, simpler might be

=H2-C2

and format as General or Number.

--ron
Paul Sheppard

SCOOBYDOO Wrote:
Hi, I have to find the difference between two dates, the first (and
earlier
date) is in column C, cells C2 - C5910 and the second is in column H,
same
row references. The dates are in a dd/mm/yyyy format. I have input
the
following in column I - =DATEIF(c2,h2,"d") which I expected to return
the
number of days between the two dates, however, I am getting a "#NAME?"
error.
Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Hi Scoobydoo