Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count columns that meet criterias

Col A Col B
11 1
11 1
12 1
11 2
13 2
11 1

I need a answer of three. If column a =11 i need it to count column b and i have tried multiple functions and i cant seem to find the right one using excel 2010. Please Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMIFS(B1:B6;A1:A6;"11")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:42:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Col A Col B

11 1

11 1

12 1

11 2

13 2

11 1

I need a answer of three. If column a =11 i need it to count column b and i have tried multiple functions and i cant seem to find the right one using excel 2010. Please Help!

that would give me the sum of the column b if column a = 11 i need it to count the column there is no sum needed in this formula i know that for sure.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:
Col A Col B
11 1
11 1
12 1
11 2
13 2
11 1

I need a answer of three. If column a =11 i need it to
count column b [...] using excel 2010.

You need to count __what__ in column B when column A is 11?

I am guessing you want to count when B is 1, since you expect 3 to be the
answer.

If you not require Excel 2003 compatibility, try:

=COUNTIFS(A1:A6,11,B1:B6,1)

If you require Excel 2003 compatibility (saving the file as ".xls"), try:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6=11)*(B1:B6=1))