Junior Member

Default Protected Sheet - Using Groups without a Macro

Hi,

I have a worksheet which will be used for data input with a number or total fields locked and a number or groupped rows. I can't use macros as I need to be able to drop the worksheet into another file so is there anyway to allow for grouping to be used under the standard protect sheet options without using macros/vba?

Thanks,
Adam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is a non-persistent setting that must be reset while resetting
sheet protection each time any workbook containing the subject sheet is
opened. VBA is required and so you may have to rethink how your project
files are managed to make this work.

This would require your users to have an addin installed that will
reset this feature -EITHER- whenever the subject sheet is activated,
-OR- when a workbook containing the subject sheet is opened. This will
require the sheet is 'tagged' with a means of identifying it so only
sheets with that tag get processed.

I use a local scope defined name ("uiProtect") to hold this 'tag', and
its RefersTo holds that sheet's specific protection settings in a
delimited string. If the name exists then protection is reset when the
workbook containing it is opened. (I use the 'UserInterfaceOnly'
setting so I don't have to toggle protection when making changes to
locked cells. This is a non-persistent setting and so must be reset
each runtime)

Project workbooks do not contain macros, but they are *entirely*
managed by the project addin, meaning that they can't even be opened
without using the addin's 'Open' menuitem.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc