Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default finding repeating numerical pattern using array functions?

Hi All,

I need a single cell formula that finds a defined pattern in a data set,

117.4
116.9
116.9
116.8
116.8
116.7
116.7
116.7
116.5
116.5
116.4
116.4

Finding the first grouping that follows a 2,2,3 pattern of repeating values. In this case the data is generated measuring heights in mm of a compaction process so the values will always be descending
In the example the:
116.9
116.9
116.8
116.8
116.7
116.7
116.7
set meets the rule, each data set will have up to 65 measurements.

=IF((D88/D89)=1,IF(D90/D91=1,IF((D92+D93+D94)/3=D92,A92)))

this formula will find the condition and return false if not reached, however I'd like a single array formula that returns same result (the A column is the nth measurement and is what I am looking to return.

Possible?
Thanks for any help