Junior Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic
Post Advanced Drop-down Menu

I am trying to incorporate data from another sheet from the same file into a drop-down choice on a menu constructed on the last page of the file. I am using Excel 2007 btw.

I'm looking to have 3 different choices.

The file is DCF financial model projecting future cash-flows of a company. The three choices will be:
- Conservative
- Base
- Aggressive

As the the choices are selected, I want numbers from the other worksheets to display when selected instead of the viewer flipping back-and-forth between sheets to find data.

I would like all the numbers to be copied from the 3 different worksheets.

I have searched day and night for a solution and have tried many different formulas in order to properly execute but have been unsuccessful at it. Not sure what I am missing or doing wrong. Should be a simple process for someone who is an expert at this type of issue.

Be more than happy to send file to get a good feel as to what I am working with. Looking forward to a response to same much time and stress. Thx.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Advanced Drop-down Menu

On Monday, May 20, 2013 9:45:38 PM UTC-7, Jaz3385 wrote:
[...]

Jaz3385

Hi Jaz3385,

Try something like this.

Where there is a drop down in C1 of the "viewing" sheet listing the three investor options. (Or enter manually)

Where Data2, Data3, Data4 are named ranges on sheets 2, 3, & 4 respectively.

Adjust the Clear Contents range to assure a clean slate for the next choice.

Option Explicit
Option Compare Text

Sub iVestor_3()
Dim Data2 As Range, Data3 As Range, Data4 As Range
Select Case Range("C1").Value

Case Is = "Conservative"
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E1:Z50").ClearContents
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("Data2").Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E1")

Case Is = "Base"
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E1:Z50").ClearContents
Sheets("Sheet3").Range("Data3").Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E1")

Case Is = "Aggressive"
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E1:Z50").ClearContents
Sheets("Sheet4").Range("Data4").Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E1")

Case Is = " "
MsgBox "Blank (space) stuff"

End Select

Howard
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz3385 View Post
[...]

Hi,

If you coud attach the file here then we can take a look at it or you.

If not (the forum only allows quite small files) send me a private message and I'll give you an email address to send it to.

Spencer.