Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Gears

Hello people,
I have interest in using Excel in order to evaluate pairs and triads of gears according to their teeth and pitch contacts. Taking into account that some gears could be turning clockwise or counterclockwise my interest is list all possible pairs or triads (in the case of three gears) after 360 degrees rotation and several full cycles. For example if I have three wheels: A, B, and C; and they have 18, 20, and 7 tooth (or pitches) numbered from 1 to the last one (1-18, 1-20, or 1-7). If they coordinate and A and C are rotating clockwise and B is rotating counterclockwise, I would have for the first triads:
A B C
1 20 1
2 19 2
3 18 3
4 17 4
5 16 5
6 15 6
7 14 7
8 13 1
9 12 2
10 11 3
11 10 4
12 9 5
13 8 6
14 7 7
15 6 1
16 5 2
17 4 3
18 3 4
1 2 5
2 1 6
3 20 7
4 19 1
5 18 2
6 17 3
7 16 4
8 15 5
9 14 6
10 13 7
11 12 1
12 11 2
13 10 3
14 9 4
15 8 5
16 7 6
17 6 7
18 5
4
3
2
1

Since I have to investigate hundreds and even thousand of pairs and triads of them rotaing clockwise or counterclockwise, somebody have any idea how could I develop a worksheet or a VBA code to perform such operations? I need specify the number of tooth (or pitches) of each gear that can be always 2 or three, number of degrees (e.g. 360 degree) or cycles, and the sense (clockwise or counterclockwise of each one), The results should be listed in sheet columns A, B, and C for example.
Thanks in advance,
Luciano
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You shouldn't multi-post! Use cross-posting so when replies are made to
1 forum they also get sent to the others at the same time.

Already replied to in microsoft.public.excel.programming!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc