Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Proprietary text on popup buttons

Hi All

This is part of a macro I use :

Response = MsgBox("Click Yes to ship internationally. No to ship to UK
only", vbYesNo, "Ship Internationally?")

If Response = vbYes Then GoTo jumpover

Range("L2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "3"
Range("L2").Select
Range("L2:L" & lrow).Select
Selection.FillDown
Range("L2").Select

jumpover:

The text on the buttons says respectively 'Yes' and 'No' , of course.

Is there a way to rearrange this to perform the same function , but have
'International' and 'UK' on the buttons?

Grateful for any advice.

Best Wishes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi All

This is part of a macro I use :

Response = MsgBox("Click Yes to ship internationally. No to ship to
UK only", vbYesNo, "Ship Internationally?")

If Response = vbYes Then GoTo jumpover

Range("L2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "3"
Range("L2").Select
Range("L2:L" & lrow).Select
Selection.FillDown
Range("L2").Select

jumpover:

The text on the buttons says respectively 'Yes' and 'No' , of course.

Is there a way to rearrange this to perform the same function , but
have 'International' and 'UK' on the buttons?

Grateful for any advice.

Best Wishes

Use a userform!!!??<g

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Colin,
It's been awhile...

A bit more info:
I have a quote app that uses a userform when the user clicks the
"Shipping Method" option. The methods are offered as options (not
buttons) so as to facilitate processing by a single button click when
done (or Cancel).

In my case, though, the quote app is used by sales reps for the company
that uses the app. Thus, the userform has 'BillTo' as well as 'ShipTo'
options so the PurchaseOrder can be populated with the correct shipping
info. The reason for the complexity is that the quote template can also
be converted to a PurchaseOrder for the sales rep to submit to the
company, AND it can convert to a SalesInvoice for the rep to give to
the customer.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In article , GS writes
Hi Colin,
It's been awhile...

A bit more info:
I have a quote app that uses a userform when the user clicks the
"Shipping Method" option. The methods are offered as options (not
buttons) so as to facilitate processing by a single button click when
done (or Cancel).

In my case, though, the quote app is used by sales reps for the company
that uses the app. Thus, the userform has 'BillTo' as well as 'ShipTo'
options so the PurchaseOrder can be populated with the correct shipping
info. The reason for the complexity is that the quote template can also
be converted to a PurchaseOrder for the sales rep to submit to the
company, AND it can convert to a SalesInvoice for the rep to give to
the customer.

HI Garry

Thanks for getting back. This would be more than I need I think. A
simple way to customize the button text is all I'm looking for on this
occasion. Whether it be via the Yes/No message box command , or some
other construct with the macro , I'm just looking to replace the 'Yes'
and the'No' with bespoke user text.

Best Wishes

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

[...]

There's no way to customize the text on MsgBox itself. I'm suggesting
you replace it with your own version via a userform. Once done it can
serve as a template for other projects should a similar need arise. You
just need a label for the prompt and 3 buttons
(International,UK,Cancel)!