Junior Member

Default Excel 2010 Conditional Formatting

I am trying to use this ingenious method of creating a dashboard that will display a red, amber and green setting based on the value of data that is compiled compared against static %. I have figured out the formula to do the conditional formatting but here is my dilemna:

I want all 3 fields to be black but when the condition is violated, or met, that particular cell will turn red, amber or green.

i.e.
Threshold <=15% 28% 33% 25.00%
Target <=25% 25%
Stretch <=15% 15%

so in the example above the 25% meets the Target which will produce an amber color. Imagine that in an excel sheet the 25% is lined up in the middle row. The above cell and below should be all black. I have an overlay of a real traffic light that when put over the top of the cells it will "light up" based on the value.

So all in all I want all 3 cells to have a black fill but when the value is met it either the top (red), middle (amber) or bottom (green) cell should turn that color while the other 2 stay black.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

rjbabbidg has brought this to us :
[...]

Did you try setting the default fill to black so the CF controls the
'lighting up'?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:49:14 -0500, GS wrote:

[...]

Wow... I just had images of LCD operation and the little polarizer
plastic thingy.

One could use the transparency feature like a switch.