Junior Member

Default renaming tabs to fit formulas

Hi there, I have a worksheet with vlookups referencing other tabs in the workbook. My plan is to replace a few of those tabs, so I have created new worksheets and tried to just change the name of the new tab to match the old one (so the vlookups will still work).

However I get an error stating "Cannot rename a sheet to the same name as another sheet, referenced object library or a workbook referenced by Visual Basic". I have changed the name of the original tab but the vlookups just change to the new tab name.

Is there any way to work around this? Thanks!

xpost-http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/684441-nanaming-tabs-fit-formulas.html#post3387730

Last edited by themiz : February 8th 13 at 03:15 PM Reason: xpost
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themiz View Post
Hi there, I have a worksheet with vlookups referencing other tabs in the workbook. My plan is to replace a few of those tabs, so I have created new worksheets and tried to just change the name of the new tab to match the old one (so the vlookups will still work).

However I get an error stating "Cannot rename a sheet to the same name as another sheet, referenced object library or a workbook referenced by Visual Basic". I have changed the name of the original tab but the vlookups just change to the new tab name.

Is there any way to work around this? Thanks!

xpost-http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/684441-nanaming-tabs-fit-formulas.html#post3387730
You could use named ranges in the VLOOKUPS and amend the sheet name in the name manager. OR, you could just do what you've done so far and use find and replace to alter the formulas to the correct sheet name.