Junior Member

Default Seperate numbers in a cell

Hello !

I have the following numbers in the columns shown i need to find a way to copy a lot of them into excel but each one into its own cell.

For example :

5453
0954
2535
2197

i need them to be the following

5 4 5 3
0 9 5 4
2 5 3 5
2 1 9 7

each number in own cell. I have been searching for about 2 weeks now when i came upon this site.

Thanks for any help in advance
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jry277 View Post
Hello !

I have the following numbers in the columns shown i need to find a way to copy a lot of them into excel but each one into its own cell.

For example :

5453
0954
2535
2197

i need them to be the following

5 4 5 3
0 9 5 4
2 5 3 5
2 1 9 7

each number in own cell. I have been searching for about 2 weeks now when i came upon this site.

Thanks for any help in advance
Highlight the whole column and use the "text to columns" option with "fixed width" set to 1
Member

Hi

May be a formula, assuming your data is in A1:A4, copy across & down.
=IFERROR(--MID($A1,COLUMN(A1),1),"")

I have used the IFERROR. For Excel <2007 use IF & ISERROR