Junior Member

Unhappy VLookup IF word in string exists within cell, use the word.

Hi guys,

My brain has been fried. I've tried several methods from forums and things, but as I haven't managed to tailor a working solution, I need some pro-tip advice!

Basically I have a data source feeding columns and rows. The goal is to take the source and list next to each row, whether the delivery breached SLA. So far I have done the following.

Cell U2 = "=IF(ISBLANK(Y2),"-",(NETWORKDAYS(Y2,$Z$1-1,BankHoliday)))"
Producing = How many work days it's taken from the 'Call Raised Date' cell (C2)

Cell Y2 = "=--INT((SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(C2,"[",""),"PM]","")))"
Producing = Date stamp in format '07/12/2012', used to compare Days Taken (Cell U2) against the SLA (which I need your help on) in cell V2. The reason why I use this method in Cell Y2 is because the data source produces a date and time stamp printed as '07/12/2012 09:13:00' which of course is horrible for using when working out SLA breaches with other figures.

Cell W2 = "=IF(ISTEXT(U2),"",IF(U2V2,"Yes","No"))"
Producing = Whether this row (call) is out of SLA, based on the cell which I need your help on (matching the catergory of the call by searching for a word which will match against the table of catergories and SLA's).

What I need to bring all of this together is:

Cell V2 = "insert working function"
Producing = The SLA based upon a word within cell B2 (produced by the data source), which would (if found) match against a VLookUp table and produce the SLA.

Now I have this function, however it doesn't work:

"=IFERROR(LOOKUP(2^15,SEARCH('Reporting Sheet'!$L$5:$M$12,B2), 'Reporting Sheet'!$L$5:$M$12),"")"

Bare in mind, the Reporting Sheet and table between L5 & M12, is the table displaying SLA against particular words.

Thank you for reading!

Last edited by cellsandstuff : December 21st 12 at 11:00 AM