Junior Member

Default YTD SUMIF based on current date

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet set up with months and revenue across columns, i.e:

July;August;September;Oct....Total, YTD Total
70000;65000;80000, 72000...Total, YTD Total

I also have a cell (I6) that updates and displays the current month when logged in. Assuming the months start at A1 and data on A2 - how would I go about creating a formula that only totals the YTD figure based on the current date? I.e. if the current month is November, the sum total for YTD only includes July, Aug, Sep, Oct, and Nov. (Please note the fiscal year starts 01 July).

Thanks in advance. Please advise if you require any further details
Junior Member

Thanks anyway. Have figured it out from another forum.
Answer for those interested:

=SUM("start of data range":INDEX("start of data range:end of data range,MATCH(dropdown list with months,start of month range:end of month range,0)))