Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Logical formatting for multiple values

Hi there,
I am trying to write a logical formula for a spreadsheet and am running into problems. I can get as far as the IF formula for one true and one false. But I would love to get multiple scenarios worked into one cell.
For example, if A1 is X then make A10 Y or if A1 is A make A10 B or IF A1 is X AND A3 is Z then make A10 N.

So I guess I need to make 3 or 4 conditions for one cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Danielle,

Am Fri, 19 Oct 2012 08:23:46 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Danielle:

I am trying to write a logical formula for a spreadsheet and am running into problems. I can get as far as the IF formula for one true and one false. But I would love to get multiple scenarios worked into one cell.
For example, if A1 is X then make A10 Y or if A1 is A make A10 B or IF A1 is X AND A3 is Z then make A10 N.

in A10 try:
=IF(A3="",CHAR(CODE(A1)+1),CHAR(CODE(A1)+CODE(A3)-100))

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2