LGCoop

Default serial number cell

How can I set up a serial number cell such as an invoice number that
automatically increases by one each time I need a new invoice?
JE McGimpsey

Take a look he

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html

In article ,
LGCoop wrote:

How can I set up a serial number cell such as an invoice number that
automatically increases by one each time I need a new invoice?

Richard Buttrey

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 20:30:05 -0700, LGCoop
wrote:

How can I set up a serial number cell such as an invoice number that
automatically increases by one each time I need a new invoice?

How are you setting up a new invoice?

Are you for instance using a VBA macro attached to a button which
opens up an invoice template?

If so you could hold the invoice number variable in a named cell, and
simply increase it with an extra line of code in the macro. e.g.

Range("InvoiceNoVariable")=Range("InvoiceNoVariabl e") + 1

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK