Junior Member

Default Vlookup a subtotal

Hi Excel Gurus!

Help! Is it possible to use the vlookup function to find subtotals on another worksheet? I sorted, subtotaled and would like to use the subtotaled data on a rollup summary tab on the first tab of my workbook. This is what I have:

=VLOOKUP(A3,Scores!E1:G43,7,FALSE)

Am I not able to pull the totals from the second tab? Mind you that there multiple subtotals throughout the worksheet on my 2nd tab. Help!

THANK YOU A MILLION IN ADVANCE!
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfaxange18 View Post
Hi Excel Gurus!

Help! Is it possible to use the vlookup function to find subtotals on another worksheet? I sorted, subtotaled and would like to use the subtotaled data on a rollup summary tab on the first tab of my workbook. This is what I have:

=VLOOKUP(A3,Scores!E1:G43,7,FALSE)

Am I not able to pull the totals from the second tab? Mind you that there multiple subtotals throughout the worksheet on my 2nd tab. Help!

THANK YOU A MILLION IN ADVANCE!
I think an example workbook would help us fully understand your plight here..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Fri, 5 Oct 2012 18:05:56 +0000 schrieb pfaxange18:

Help! Is it possible to use the vlookup function to find subtotals on
another worksheet? I sorted, subtotaled and would like to use the
subtotaled data on a rollup summary tab on the first tab of my workbook.
This is what I have:

=VLOOKUP(A3,Scores!E1:G43,7,FALSE)

you are trying to get a value from the 7.column of a matrix. But the
matrix E1:G43 only has 3 columns.
If you want the value from column G, then try:
=VLOOKUP(A3,Scores!A1:G43,7,FALSE)
or
=VLOOKUP(A3,Scores!E1:G43,3,FALSE)

Regards