Junior Member

Default Calculated % completed by date

Hello,

I need to calculate the earned value on a project, and for that I need to enter the percent complete based on date.

So if a project begins 3/1/2012 and ends 9/1/2012, based on today's date what percent complete is it?

Thank you!
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp56 View Post
Hello,

I need to calculate the earned value on a project, and for that I need to enter the percent complete based on date.

So if a project begins 3/1/2012 and ends 9/1/2012, based on today's date what percent complete is it?

Thank you!

Assuming your start date is in A2 and end date in B2, try =(TODAY()-A2)/(B2-A2) in C2 and format as percentage.

If the end date has passed you will get odd results, but you could avoid that with something like...
=IF(C2<TODAY(),"PROJECT COMPLETED",(TODAY()-A2)/(B2-A2))

Let me know if that's what you need, or indeed if it's not what you meant at all.

S.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"kp56" wrote:
So if a project begins 3/1/2012 and ends 9/1/2012, based
on today's date what percent complete is it?

If the start date is in A1 and then end date is in A2, perhaps the following
will meet your needs:

=(TODAY() - A1) / (A2 - A1)

formatted as Percentage.