Junior Member

Location: Bay Area/San Luis Obispo
Default SUMIF returning incorrect answer

I am using SUMIF in the worksheeet attached. The SumIF is being used in the Budget Breakdown tab in cell B3. As far as I know I am using the formula correctly, especially since it is working in a very similar use in cell J195 of the Projects tab. Any help as to why this formula is not acting up would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HelpWB.zip (43.6 KB, 94 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 22:44:27 +0000, Dreganomics .*DELETETHIS* wrote:

I am using SUMIF in the worksheeet attached. The SumIF is being used in
the Budget Breakdown tab in cell B3. As far as I know I am using the
formula correctly, especially since it is working in a very similar use
in cell J195 of the Projects tab. Any help as to why this formula is not
acting up would be appreciated.

|Filename: HelpWB.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=518|

Well, for one thing, cell I195, your criteria cell, is blank. Probably you mean for your criteria to be Projects!I195 :-)

Also, I note that the "range" and the "sum_range" in that formula are of different sizes. Although that is sometimes desired, it may be a typo in your formula.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreganomics View Post
I am using SUMIF in the worksheeet attached. The SumIF is being used in the Budget Breakdown tab in cell B3. As far as I know I am using the formula correctly, especially since it is working in a very similar use in cell J195 of the Projects tab. Any help as to why this formula is not acting up would be appreciated.
The cell you're referencing in the middle of the formula (I195) is a blank cell on the "Budget Breakdown" worksheet.

I presume you need to change that to whatever your condition is to fit your needs.

i.e. =SUMIF(Projects!I5:I46,"N",Projects!O5:Q45)
or =SUMIF(Projects!I5:I46,Projects!I195,Projects!O5:Q 45)

depending on what it is you're actually trying to do.