Junior Member

Default Need urgent help with Excel formula

Hello All,

I want the following functionality in excel.

If in the entire column B if any of the following string is found get the corresponding value of another cell in Column A.

String to search:

OK
NOT OK
BLOCKING
NOT TESTED

See the example at the following link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7714646...in/photostream

In this example the result found are displayed in Column E. So the formula need to be put in column E. Notice that Each row in column E should display the result from column A as soon as the string is found in column B. What formula do I need to put in column E & where? Please suggest.

Thanks,

Zee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Il 29/07/2012 00:00, zeeshanbutt ha scritto:
Hello All,

I want the following functionality in excel.

If in the entire column B if any of the following string is found get
the corresponding value of another cell in Column A.

String to search:

OK
NOT OK
BLOCKING
NOT TESTED

See the example at the following link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7714646...in/photostream

In this example the result found are displayed in Column E. So the
formula need to be put in column E. Notice that Each row in column E
should display the result from column A as soon as the string is found
in column B. What formula do I need to put in column E & where? Please
suggest.

Thanks,

Zee

I2: OK
I3: NOT OK
I4: BLOCKING
I5: NOT TESTED

In E2 insert:
=INDIRECT("A"&SMALL(IF(ISNA(MATCH($B$2:$B$14,$I$2: $I$5,0)),"",ROW($B$2:$B$14)),ROW(A1)))
and copy down.

Hi,
E.