Junior Member

Default Aggregate multiple unique values and return top 5

Hello,

I have the following sample of data in columns D & E
1.33 CCMO
1.21 ALLY
1.21 MGM
1.14 DISH
1.57 ALLY
0.25 MGM
0.25 CNK

The list goes on for 200 lines. What I'm trying to do is in one clean function be able to sum the numbers in column D associated with the names in column E and return the top 5 (or 10). Ideally it would return the following on seperate cell for each:
2.78 ALLY
1.46 MGM
1.33 CCMO
1.14 DISH
0.25 CNK

Does anyone know a function to do that? I've tried a lot, but can't get it to work.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 03:24:18 +0000, dkinz wrote:

[...]

You could use a Pivot Table
Drag the Names to the Rows area
Drag the Values to the Value area

Sort by Values Descending.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

dkinz used his keyboard to write :
[...]

In the 5th place, why
0.25 CNK and why not
0.25 MGM
???

Bruno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

After serious thinking Bruno Campanini wrote :

In the 5th place, why
0.25 CNK and why not
0.25 MGM
???

Please don't rake into account the preceeding questions.

Bruno