Junior Member

Default Auto populate

Hi all, im a competant (but fairly basic) excel user, but need a little help here.

I have attached a screenshot of the sheet i am dealing with...
Column F contains a drop down box containing the types of call recieved,and im trying to get it so that when 'hang up' is selected cells D*,E*,I*,J* (* used to replace row value as it will change) will auto popluate with the information shown and get G*, and H* to auto populate with the current date and time respectively.
but everything else needs to remain blank when any of the other options are selected.

I use a new sheet each month, some months this sheet can contain 200 rows, others 2000 depending on certain variables.
Ideally i would like the cells that are to be populated to remain empty (i think i could normally use an =IF formula?) as the sheet is used by some fairly incompetant people so i dont want them throwing a panic if they see a formula, or deleting it.

oh, and it is seen by directors etc so needs to look good :p

I hope ive included all the information i need? please let me know if you need anything else??
Attached Images

Last edited by Dansp88 : June 12th 12 at 09:27 AM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:24:51 AM UTC-5, Dansp88 wrote:
[...]

|Filename: Capture.JPG |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=408|

Dansp88

You can do this with a worksheet_change event macro in the sheet module of the same sheet. right click sheet tabview codeinsert this

With Target
If .Row < 2 Or .Column < 6 Then Exit Sub
If .Value = "Hung up" Then
..Offset(, 1) = Date
..Offset(, 2) = Time
End If