Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default refresh?

Hi

I've got worksheets 1 and 2. The cells in worksheet 2 have formulae in them containing their counterparts in worksheet 1, ie A1 in worksheet 2 depends on the value of A1 in worksheet 1, etc. I regularly add data to worksheet 1 and then sort it after I've added to it. How can I get worksheet 2 to update according to the new sorted order of worksheet 1?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

robzrob pretended :
Hi

I've got worksheets 1 and 2. The cells in worksheet 2 have formulae in them
containing their counterparts in worksheet 1, ie A1 in worksheet 2 depends on
the value of A1 in worksheet 1, etc. I regularly add data to worksheet 1 and
then sort it after I've added to it. How can I get worksheet 2 to update
according to the new sorted order of worksheet 1?

Thanks

Are your formula refs 'fully absolute' (ie: "=Sheet1!$A$1")? If so, you
can change them so they are 'column-absolute/row-relative' (ie:
"=Sheet1!$A1") so the column refs are fixed but the rows adjust to
reflect whatever is in the same row on Sheet1.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Saturday, June 9, 2012 4:01:16 PM UTC+1, GS wrote:
[...]

Thanks. Seems to be ok now.