Junior Member

Default Calculating Weeks

I am trying to calculate min/max levels using lead time in days and saftey stock. Problem is I think I'm getting weeks/months and years confused.
The formula in column U is as follows: =ROUNDUP((R2/365)*12*P2*S2,0)
However, I need to ger S2 (Saftey Stock) in weeks. Meaning I want to keep 2 weeks of inventory on hand. I assume I can't just multiply by 2, it doesn't seem right.
Someone please assist. The forulas and explaination of columns is listed in the comment boxes.
Basically I want to keep 2 weeks of stock on hand and get only one delievery per week.

I think I went seriously wrong somewhere with my forula for mi and max levels.

Thanks
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytoe View Post
I am trying to calculate min/max levels using lead time in days and saftey stock. Problem is I think I'm getting weeks/months and years confused.
The formula in column U is as follows: =ROUNDUP((R2/365)*12*P2*S2,0)
However, I need to ger S2 (Saftey Stock) in weeks. Meaning I want to keep 2 weeks of inventory on hand. I assume I can't just multiply by 2, it doesn't seem right.
Someone please assist. The forulas and explaination of columns is listed in the comment boxes.
Basically I want to keep 2 weeks of stock on hand and get only one delievery per week.

I think I went seriously wrong somewhere with my forula for mi and max levels.

Thanks
Hi,

Think we're gonna need an example workbook for this one.

S.