Junior Member

Default Combine files

I have two files that I would like to combine. One has a group of student names, plus additional fields. The second file has a larger group of student name, plus some additional information that is different from the first file.

I would like to combine both files, but I cannot simply sort and copy/paste. Is there any way to make one common field, such as last name, a key field, then merge them?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

--
Jdlr

Can be tricky and hard to tell without seeing. So, send both to ME along with this msg.