Junior Member

Default Pivot Table Calculated Field

Hi, I have an issue creating a pivot table data field, would appreciate any advice you can give.

I have a table consisting, for the sake of example, of three columns:

ID(1,2,3,4)
Dept (Sales,Sales,Sales,Marketing)
ErrorDate (12/12/12,[BLANKCELL],13/12/12,12/12/12).

I have created a pivot table with Dept as a row, and count of ErrorDate and count of ID as data items. I'm now trying to create a third data item consisting of (count of ErrorDate / count of ID) * 100. Effectively I'm trying to find by dept the percentage of errors out of all IDs.

Have tried a couple of methods: adding ID again as a data item and showing item as % of Row Total. Also tried adding a calculated field with the formulas ErrorDate/ID which seems to use the sums of ID and Date and Count(ErrorDate)/Count(ID) which just returns a 1 for each row. Am expecting to see for Sales 66.66% and Marketing 100%.

Happy to upload an example spreadsheet if it's any use.

Thanks in advance!