Junior Member

Default If or VLookup function

I am trying to do something with a workbook and hope you can help me. Not sure if I'm supposed to use an IF function or VLOOKUP or even a combination of both. Here's what I want to do:

I have 2 sheets in this workbook. Sheet 1 has dates going down a column. Sheet 1 also has a row with names on it across the top row. Sheet 2 also has dates going down a column but don't match the ones in sheet 1. Ideally, I'd like to put an "X" in the column for availability and use the dates on sheet 1 as a range (or not exact if that's easier to understand). For example, I have a part that is available on Sheet 2 for November 15th. Sheet 2 has parts that will be available on August 1, November 10, and December 2, and January 2. I want the "X" to be shown in a row across from December 2 because the November 15 date falls within that range and January 2. It wouldn't fall within November 10 because the part isn't available until November 15th. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Denise
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wererich View Post
[...]

Dear Denise, Good Afternoon.

Your explanation is a little confused.

Please, to easier the help, is it possible you put your worksheet here in attachment?

Put there an example with waited results.
I´m sure that you will receive help faster and much more effective.

Thanks.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzaropi View Post
Dear Denise, Good Afternoon.

Your explanation is a little confused.

Please, to easier the help, is it possible you put your worksheet here in attachment?

Put there an example with waited results.
I´m sure that you will receive help faster and much more effective.

Thanks.
I'm not able to attach it because it's too large. It's 258k and the forum only allows 97k. I am going to try images instead for you and will attach those.

Denise
Junior Member

Here is sheet 1 (I want the "X's" to go down the column where the names are and match up with the dates on the left in the rows).

I'm also attaching sheet 2 where the information would be retrieved from.
Attached Images

Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wererich View Post
Here is sheet 1 (I want the "X's" to go down the column where the names are and match up with the dates on the left in the rows).
I'm also attaching sheet 2 where the information would be retrieved from.
Dear Denise, Good Afternoon.

I built an example of worksheet for you using your data.
It´s attached.

BUT, I didn't found any records that match your criteria. I think.

Please, fill at least one example on it.
Do it manually.

I´m here waiting you answer. We will solve this question.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 01-05-2012_ExcelBanter_HELP_to_Denise.zip (4.9 KB, 44 views)
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
Belo Horizonte, Brazil