waterskyle

Default Looking for experience with counting and conditions in excel 2003

Hello all, I am looking for some help with a seemingly simple issue. I want
to have several "groups" containing a list of items, and I want to be able to
change these items. I need to simply count by ones and have each of the items
have thier value incresed by one each time I increase the value of the group.
Any advice???
JE McGimpsey

It's hard for me to tell what you're aiming for - if each group is a
list of items, what do you mean by "increase the value of the group"?

If you just want to count the number of items in a range, use COUNTA(),
e.g.:

=COUNTA(A:A)

will return the number of non-blanks in column A.

In article ,
"waterskyle" wrote:

Hello all, I am looking for some help with a seemingly simple issue. I want
to have several "groups" containing a list of items, and I want to be able to
change these items. I need to simply count by ones and have each of the items
have thier value incresed by one each time I increase the value of the group.
Any advice???

waterskyle

I have a list of players on different teams in football that need to have
their plays counted, Offense, Defense, Special Teams, etc. I want to add 1
play for the "team" which will automatically add a play to all on the list.
Also, I want to simply substitue any player on the list, and the new player
will recieve the count instead of the old one.