Iamrené

Default Fair Play

I need a formula that will provide fair play (or as close to it as possible)
for the following criteria:

Round 1 Consists of:

10 Teams and 9 Weeks.

Round 2 Consists of:

10 Teams and 10 Weeks

Mandatory Criteria - Each team must play at home one week and away the
following week.
Martin P

"Iamrené" wrote:

Mandatory Criteria - Each team must play at home one week and away the
following week.

My guess is that you will not be able to achieve this. It is easy enough for
one or two teams, but then you are restricted by the fact that a team's home
match is the opposing team's away match.
Richard Buttrey

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:49:07 -0700, "Iamrené"
wrote:

I need a formula that will provide fair play (or as close to it as possible)
for the following criteria:

Round 1 Consists of:

10 Teams and 9 Weeks.

Round 2 Consists of:

10 Teams and 10 Weeks

Mandatory Criteria - Each team must play at home one week and away the
following week.

What do you want the result of the formula to be. Please give an
example.

Rgds
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK

Iamrené

I'm not sure if it will post correctly, however:

Weeks of play at the X axis and Game iterance at the Y axis (i.e.):
Week 1 Week 2 Week 3
Away|Home Away|Home Away|Home
Game 1 T1 T10 T10 | T6 T6|T1
Game 2 T2 T9 T9 | T5 T5|T2