JDay01

Default Locate max value of one column based on criteria in another colum

I have built a summary report in Excel that uses primarily 'SUMIF' formulas
to calculate totals by customer from another sheet in the workbook containing
the source data. In one of my report columns, I actually need to pull the
MAX value from the source data---but it needs to be specific to each customer
in my summary report. (I'm thinking of a "MAXIF" type function) Is there
any way I can do this without converting my report to a Pivot Table, which I
really don't want to do??
Bob Phillips

Something like

=MAX(IF(rng1="Customer",rng2))

as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-SHift-Enter

--

HTH

RP