nkidd

Default Setting up spreadsheet

I currently have a spreadsheet that tracks employee errors. I have employee
names accross the top in row 1 and a list of types of errors going down in
collum A. I put how many errors they made of each type in each persons
collum. I have each week on its own worksheet tab. I then have one more
worksheet that gives me totals and averages taken from the previous weekly
worksheets. This works great. I have only done this for one month. I now
need to start with one for this month, which will have a new total/average
sheet (I track each month seperatly). What would the best/easiest way to set
this up be? Each worksheet is named for the week (Aug 8-Aug12, etc) so they
will change each week. Is there anyway i can set this up so i am not having
to redo all of the functions on the total's page each month?
ilanr01

nkidd Wrote:
[...]

One way, rename the sheets names before starting the new month, thr
formulas will change automaticly
Another way is to name the sheets as week 1, week 2 etc.
Ilan

--
ilanr01
ilanr01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26797

Jon Quixley

Sounds rather Orwellian

Take the spreadsheet you completed for last month and make a copy of
it. Using the copy you might find things easier if you rename the tabs
week1, week2 etc rather than specific dates since as far as I know
there is no way to automate the naming of the tabs.
I'd also set up your workbook with 6 sheets, five of them will cover
all the weeks in a month with the last sheet as the summary sheet. Once
you have set up a master workbook like this, save it with the name of
the month and you can make copies of it for each of the months going
forward.

Jon

--
Jon Quixley