Krisjhn

Default Another Try

On my speedsheet I have two worksheets A and B

WORKSHEET B

Column J2:J528 entitled -1st RCVD Date-

In this column I will have a variety of dates spanning over three
diffferent months

WORKSHEET A

Column N21 titled -# of Persons-
Column L22:L29 is titled -Weeks- - Each row is broken down by week
L22/8/17/05, L23 8/24/05. L24 8/31/05, etc to L29 10/5/05

In Worksheet Column J each date corresponds with a person. What I want
to do is get a count of dates/persons that occur during a set perid of
time, which is one week. The difficulty comes in, in that the column J
where the dates are entered span three different months. But I want to
break that down into weekly cohorts.

So for example if in *Worksheet B* in cell J2 I have a date that lies
between 8/17/05 and 8/23/05 then the number 1 would show up on
*Workseet A* in -#of persons- in the row for that corresponding week.
Say the next week I have 6 entires of dates that land in that next week
then the number 6 would show up on worksheet A on the row for 8/24/05.
And so on.

So the question is how do I add up dates within a certain range in the
same column and then break that down by week to be reported on a
different worksheet by week.

Here is roughly what my spreadsheet looks like

WORKSHEET A

......Column.....L[weeks]
Row
22 [8/17/05]
23 [8/24/05]
Biff

See reply to your first post

Biff

"Krisjhn" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Morrigan

N22 = SUMPRODUCT(--('Worksheet B'!J$2:J$528=L22),--('Worksheet
B'!J$2:J$528<L23)) (Copy down)

Hope it helps.

Krisjhn Wrote:
[...]

.
29 [10/5/05]

WORKSHEET B
.....Column.......J[Recieved Date]
Row
2 [8/19/05]
3 [10/6/05]
.
528 [9/14/05]

Thanks for your help.

Krisjhn

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094

Biff

Hi!

This formula will fail in cell N29.

The date criteria ends in cell L29. Using this formula the last reference
will be to cell L30. If L30 is empty or contains a text value the results
could be incorrect.

Biff

"Morrigan" wrote in
message ...

Krisjhn Wrote:
[...]

Biff

N29 is a formula cell and has nothing to do with any count.

Test it and you'll see what I mean.

Biff

"Morrigan" wrote in
message ...

Biff Wrote:
Hi!

This formula will fail in cell N29.

The date criteria ends in cell L29. Using this formula the last
reference
will be to cell L30. If L30 is empty or contains a text value the
results
could be incorrect.

Biff

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=400958

Biff

Based on the OP's explanation:

Column L22:L29 is titled -Weeks- - Each row is broken down by week
L22/8/17/05, L23 8/24/05. L24 8/31/05, etc to L29 10/5/05

So, N22 is the first formula cell:

N22 = SUMPRODUCT(--('Worksheet B'!J$2:J$528=L22),--('Worksheet
B'!J$2:J$528<L23)) (Copy down)

Your formula uses the next cell to set the upper boundry in the date range.
When you copy this down to N29 that formula would look like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Worksheet B'!J$2:J$528=L29),--('WorksheetB'!J$2:J$528<L30))

L30 is outside the date range of L22:L29. So, if L30 is an empty cell it
evaluates to zero and the Sumproduct formula evaluates to:

--('WorksheetB'!J$2:J$528<0)

If you only copy the formula to cell N28 then you don't account for dates
=L29.

Biff

"Morrigan" wrote in
message ...

Biff Wrote:
N29 is a formula cell and has nothing to do with any count.

Test it and you'll see what I mean.

Biff

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=400958

Morrigan

You are right. If you copy formula to cell N28 then you do not count
L29, which I think you should not. L29 should be consider as the first
day of next week. If you count L29 you will have 8 days in that week
which I think is wrong.

Biff Wrote:
N29 is a formula cell and has nothing to do with any count.

Test it and you'll see what I mean.

Biff

--
Morrigan