Freshman

Default Paste Link

Dear all,

In a workbook, Sheet 1, cell A1, the value is "". I try to link the cell
value to Sheet 2, also cell A1. However, after I paste link the cell, the
value appears in Sheet 2, cell A1 is "0" instead of "". What should I do with
the paste link so that both the source cell and pasted cell are also equal to
"". It is because I want both cells are equal to "" at the very beginning.

Thanks in advance.

Max

In Sheet2,

instead of putting in A1: =Sheet1!A1
put in A1: =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

A1 will then appear "blank" until Sheet1's A1 contains a value

To the OP, Freshman: Try feeding back (reply) to responses given to your
posts. Noticed you've made several posts recently, but have yet to see a
single feedback from you within any thread started by you. We're a friendly
bunch of folks here, and this is supposed to be a discussion. If it worked
for you, tell us. If it doesn't, tell us too, and why, so that we could
help you further.
--
Rgds
Max

"Freshman" wrote in message
Dear all,

In a workbook, Sheet 1, cell A1, the value is "". I try to link the cell
value to Sheet 2, also cell A1. However, after I paste link the cell,

the
value appears in Sheet 2, cell A1 is "0" instead of "". What should I do

with
the paste link so that both the source cell and pasted cell are also

equal
"". It is because I want both cells are equal to "" at the very

beginning.

Thanks in advance.

Max

.. because I want both cells are equal to "" at the very beginning.

My guess was shaped by the line above,
especially the words: "at the very beginning" <g
which, to me, infers the OP was talking about linking blank cells

--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
--
"Mangesh Yadav" wrote in message
Hi Max,

I read OP's post "" as text "" and not a blank.

Mangesh

Freshman

Dear Max,

Thanks for your assistance and your note regarding I haven't replied whether
your answer is useful to you. I'm terribly sorry for my late reply but I
remember I did reply back that the answer is useful to me. Anyway, please
accept my apology and I feel the life is easier for having some experts like
you, who is willing to share their knowledge with Excel idiot like me.

Thanks once again.

Freshman.

"Freshman" wrote in message
Dear all,

In a workbook, Sheet 1, cell A1, the value is "". I try to link the cell
value to Sheet 2, also cell A1. However, after I paste link the cell,

the
value appears in Sheet 2, cell A1 is "0" instead of "". What should I do

with
the paste link so that both the source cell and pasted cell are also

equal
"". It is because I want both cells are equal to "" at the very

beginning.

Thanks in advance.

Max

Thanks for the feedback ! Glad to know it helped.

I'm using Outlook Express (OE) to post / read the excel newsgroups, so if
you don't post a reply via the MS' community webpage's "Reply" button
(you're using this medium, I believe), we won't be able to see it. Just
rating the post by pressing the "Yes" button over there doesn't show up
anything over here in OE. A reply is always appreciated, in addition to the
rating <g
--
Rgds
Max