Gerhard Silbermann

Default STPCScut STPCScopy macro missing??

All Experts,

since some days all my Excel worksheets show the same failu

if I go to CUT or COPY I get the error STPCScut or STPCScopy macro missing.

I can't copy and cut anymore !
Nothing helped to cure the problem. Deinstalling, Installing and a lot
of other things. All in vain.
I have WinXP and MS Office 2000 Professionel.

Any help very very welcome!

Gerhard

Dave Peterson

I think someone wrote a macro that stole the function of what ever you did to
cut or copy.

(If edit|copy failed, try rightclicking on the range and copy. Does that work?)

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm

Essentially, you move all of the stuff out of XLStart and you turn off all the
addins under Toools|addins.

Then you start adding things back one at a time and testing each time to see if
the problem is fixed. When you add something back that causes the problem to
come back, you'll have to decide what to do with that addin.

(Make sure you keep track of all the stuff you turn off and move.)

And if those don't work, maybe someone assigned a macro to one of your icons on
the toolbar.

You can reset the worksheet menubar toolbar by:
tools|customize|toolbars tab
select worksheet menu bar
hit reset

And test it out.

It might be easier to just destroy the existing *.xlb file (where excel stores
customizations) and recreate it at your leisure.

Close excel
windows start button|search|
look for *.xlb
(remember to look in hidden folders, too!)

If you want, rename all you find to *.xlbOLD (just in case).

Then restart excel.

If it worked ok, delete those *.xlbOLD files.

If it didn't work ok, close excel and rename them back to *.xlb (no harm, no
foul).

--

Dave Peterson
Gerhard Silbermann

Dave Peterson schrieb:

I think someone wrote a macro that stole the function of what ever you did to
cut or copy.

(If edit|copy failed, try rightclicking on the range and copy. Does that work?)

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm

Essentially, you move all of the stuff out of XLStart and you turn off all the
addins under Toools|addins.

Dave many thanks for your help.
In the meantime I got help from Smarttools who are Excel and Access
experts. They indetified an addin from Smarttools called Cellspot which
was burried deep in my pc.
Now all is ok.
Once again many thanks

Gerhard