krk

Default look up

Hej,

how is it possible to look up a value in a dataset, when it's determined by
three differet "look up values"?
bj

this is often a good place to use a sumproduct() formula
=sumproduct(--(Range1=argument1),--(Range2=arguement2),--(Range
3=Argument2),answerrange)
the --( changes the logical true, false to a numeric 1,0 and the arrays in
each segment needs to be the same size but you can't use the shorthand for
full columns or rows. (A:A wont work)

"krk" wrote:

Hej,

how is it possible to look up a value in a dataset, when it's determined by
three differet "look up values"?

Bob Phillips

You can concatenate them

=INDEX(M1:M100,MATCH(A1&B1&C1,G1:G100&H1:H100&I1:I 100,0))

which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

--

HTH

RP