dl

Default International Language Functions

We are looking for the international eqivalents for the Excel worksheet
functions

AND
CHAR
REPT

For Danish these are respectively

OG
TEGN
GENTAG

We are looking for the following languages. Can anyone help or direct us in
the right direction.

' Russian 7 (Russian Federation)
' Arabic 966 (Saudi Arabia)
' Czech 42 (Czech Republic)
' Farsi 982 (Iran)
' Greek 30 (Greece)
' Hebrew 972 (Israel)
' Hungarian 36 (Hungary)
' Indian 91 (India)
' Japanese 81 (Japan)
' Korean 82 (South Korea)
' Polish 48 (Poland)
' Portuguese (Brazil) 55 (Brazil)
' Simplified Chinese 86 (People's Republic of China)
' Thai 66 (Thailand)
' Traditional Chinese 886 (Taiwan)
' Turkish 90 (Turkey)
' Urdu 92 (Pakistan)
' Vietnamese 84 (Vietnam)Thanks in advance.

Dodo

"dl" wrote in :

We are looking for the international eqivalents for the Excel
worksheet functions

Are you in possession of MS Access? Then this could help you partly, a
translation-of-terms database:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...75e56809-e921-
47aa-9afd-013e841a7867&displaylang=en

When I'm not mistaken, they offer 29 languages.

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)
Tom Ogilvy

functions are stored internally as a token or code. It is translated by the
localized version of Excel for display. So if you put in a valid formula in
a cell containing valid builtin functions and it works in your version, it
should work in any version. This is not true for Analysis toolpak functions
since these are in an addin, but none of the functions you ask about are
from the analysis toolpak.

If you are doing VBA, then always enter the formula in US English with the
Formula or FormulaR1C1 methods and it will be translated automatically

Tom Ogilvy

"dl" wrote in message
[...]

dl

Dodo

This is useful and we will use as a guide, but does not resolve our issues.

Thanks for the contribution.

"Dodo" wrote in message
. ..
"dl" wrote in :

We are looking for the international eqivalents for the Excel
worksheet functions

Are you in possession of MS Access? Then this could help you partly, a
translation-of-terms database:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...75e56809-e921-
47aa-9afd-013e841a7867&displaylang=en

When I'm not mistaken, they offer 29 languages.

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

dl

Tom

If you are using code to insert the function then this does not seem to
translate the formula automatically. What we have found is that we need to
use the correct country function for this to work. An example is below.

Eg.

Range("a1").formulalocal="=rept(char(150),3)

If we did enter the formual in US English then what would be the code for
this.

Dim intCountry as integer

intCountry =Application.International(xlCountryCode)

Application.International(xlCountryCode)=1

Range("a1").formulalocal="=rept(char(150),3)

Application.International(xlCountryCode)=intCountr y

Thanks for your assistance and all others that have contributed to date.

Rgds

dl

"dl" wrote in message
[...]

Tom Ogilvy

I said to use Formula or FormulaR1C1, not any formula with LOCAL included in
the name

Range("a1").formula="=rept(char(150),3)"

should work fine.

Tom Ogilvy

"dl" wrote in message
[...]

Tom Ogilvy

Also, Stephen Bullen has written the "definitive" tome on International
issues. A quote from one of his recent posts:

There's much more about these types of issue in my 'International
Issues' chapter of John Green's "Excel 2002 VBA Programmer's
Reference", which can also be read online on my web site, at:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/ExcelProgRef/ch22/

Tom Ogilvy