dazman

Default Real Value of .UsedRange.Rows.Count

Hi,

In VBA I'm setting a variable as follows:
NumRows = Sheets("Summary").UsedRange.Rows.Count

and NumRows is subsequently used to make sure a chart has the correct
last row after an update that changes the number of used rows in my
worksheet.

The problem is that my worksheet contains 80 rows of real data. However
there once existed 600 rows. Would be grateful if anyone knows how I
can get Excel to forget about what once existed and only concentrate on
cells that now have a value in them?

--
dazman
dazman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25903

Rowan

There is some code here to reset the usedrange.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Hope this helps
Rowan

"dazman" wrote:

Hi,

In VBA I'm setting a variable as follows:
NumRows = Sheets("Summary").UsedRange.Rows.Count

and NumRows is subsequently used to make sure a chart has the correct
last row after an update that changes the number of used rows in my
worksheet.

The problem is that my worksheet contains 80 rows of real data. However
there once existed 600 rows. Would be grateful if anyone knows how I
can get Excel to forget about what once existed and only concentrate on
cells that now have a value in them?

--
dazman
dazman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25903