kate

Default How to autofill data from one sheet into another

I have a manufacturing/production costing worksheet in which you enter a Part
Number, setup time, setup cost/hr, production time, production cost/hr,
overhead cost/hr (which is constant) and number of parts. Given that info,
it calculates the cost per part. We currently have 200 parts on which we
want to do a cost study and I'm looking for a way to autofill the costing
worksheet with data from another spreadsheet. This 2nd spreadsheet is set up
so the Part Numbers are in the rows and the columns are headed P/N (part
number),Setup Time, Setup Cost, Prod Time, Prod Cost, Overhead, Order Qty.

I'm looking for a way to set up the costing worksheet so all the user has to
do is enter the Part Number and the corresponding data from the 2nd
spreadsheet autofills in the appropriate spaces to give the cost per part.
So, if I enter Part number 00-000000 in the appropriate space of the costing
worksheet, it will go to the 2nd spreadsheet, find that part number and its
setup time, setup cost, production time, production cost, overhead cost and
number of parts will autofill into the costing worksheet.

Does that make sense?

Thank you so much for any help!
RagDyer

Let's say that your "main" data list is on Sheet2,
With headers in A1 to G1.

Data is in A2 to G200, with PN's in Column A.

Say column headers are duplicated on Sheet1.
User enters PN to lookup in A2.

Enter this formula in B2:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A2:A200,0)),"",VLOOKUP($A 2,Sheet2!$A$2:$G$200,COLUM
N(B:B),0))

And copy across to G2.

--
HTH,