Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Copy tab to tab losing format (solved) check zoom level

Checking zoom level does not work either. I am having the same issue. . . I copy tabs from one workbook into another, and the formatting changes. . .

On Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:00 AM Brad wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a "Profile" tab, which gives the profile of our
business. I enter data here and equations access other tabs in this
workbook. When I copy this tab to another workbook for e-mailing to my
manager, I lose the formatting and page setup.

After getting the page all set (including page setup) in my copy, I save my
file. Then close it and open it read-only. From here, I select the whole
range of data and paste values (just to get rid of all formulas). I have
tried 3 different ways to transfer it to the file which my manager will
receive:
Right-click the tab and copy
Right-click the tab and move
View the two worksheets side-by-side, click and drag the tab from mine to
his.
In all 3 situations, the formatting changes. By comparing column widths and
row heights, I see that column A comes over fine, but column B switches from
8.43 (64 pixels) to
8.38 (72 pixels). This distorts the printing and where the page breaks
end up. How can I copy the sheet exactly as I have it in my file?

TIA,
--
Brad E.

On Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:41 AM Michae wrote:

After pasting values, go back to the source spreadsheet and do copy again,
when you go to the destination spreadsheet, do paste special again and select
paste formats.
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Brad E." wrote:

On Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:53 AM Brad wrote:

This doesn't work. I should have mentioned that I copied the top ROW from
the source sheet and pasted column widths in the destination sheet, but there
were no further changes in the destination. As I mentioned in the first
post, column B in my source has width of 8.43 (64 pixels) and in the
destination is 8.38 (72 pixels). It appears that the destination is getting
as close to the source as possible (using the 8.xx number), but some kind of
background (or default) formatting isn't allowing the destination to be an
exact duplicate.
--
Brad E.

Many thanks to the people answering questions. I wouldn''t even be
attempting some of the coding I have done without reading these posts.

"Michael" wrote:

On Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:55 PM Michae wrote:

OK. When I do Copy and paste values I loose the Format myself, but when I
follow procedure it takes the column width w/it.
First Copy and paste special = ALL to your destination file
then in the destination another copy and paste special = values.
In this sequence you copy formats and then get rid of formulas.
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Brad E." wrote:

On Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:46 PM Brad wrote:

Neither of those worked either. I even copied and pasted just one cell, and
the font and font size wouldn't even match up. I was getting sooo
frustrated. Finally, I copied and used paste special, selecting "All using
Source Theme" (I am in Excel 2007). It finally worked.

Lesson for the day: You can only get a true copy if you are using the same
Theme settings in Excel 2007.

Even prior to this, the only thing I didn't like about Excel 2007 was the
themes. Now I dislike it more.

Thanks for the attempts to help, Susan and Michael.
--
Brad E.

"Susan" wrote:

On Saturday, November 22, 2008 2:30 PM Susan wrote:

you can also copy & paste all (first)
and then copy & paste column widths (second).
that should take care of the problem.
susan

wrote:
ur
my
e my
e whole
have
ine to
ths and
from
breaks

On Saturday, November 22, 2008 2:31 PM Susan wrote:

glad you figured it out, & sorry i didn't get it for you.
i'm sooooo glad i don't have excel 2007 (yet). i'm hoping that excel
2009 or 2010 will fix all those problems that 07 has!
susan

On Nov 20, 2:46=A0pm, Brad E. wrote:
, and
sing
en I
of our
his
to my
save my
t the whole
=A0I have
will
om mine to
widths and
ches from
age breaks
?

On Friday, October 09, 2009 6:04 AM Mansour Norouzi wrote:

I have the same problem , but i cant solve it, plz help me

Brad wrote:

Copying tab loses formatting
20-Nov-08

[...]

.NET GDI+ Strip Image From Animated Gif
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...image-fro.aspx

On Friday, August 27, 2010 4:47 PM Tony LeBlanc wrote:

We solved this problem after noticing Excel 2007 & 2010 has a Zoom level per worksheet in the lower right corner. The one we were trying to copy was set to 70% and paste into a worksheet that defaulted to 100% which never matched until we adjusted back to 70.