yassar hayat

Default plz help

i have a column containing different dates of a year. i want if the specified
date is greater than 7th of the month it should return me (in another column)
the 22nd day of next month,otherwise it should show me 7th day of next month.
hideki

What do you mean by "the month"?. Is it current month or value from the
column? You can enter formula to column where you want the result to be
written. Below is an example of the formula.

This assuming your date column is in A. Change the column to suit
yours. Don't forget to set your result column to date format (other
wise it'll only shows some numbers).

=IF(DAY(A1)7,DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(22)),D ATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(7)))

Best regards.

--
hideki
hideki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18903