Cathy Landry

Default formula to identify weekend dates

Hello,

I have two columns with dates. Column A = Transaction Date and Column B =
Post Date. Is it possible to use a formula to identify those transactions (
A) that occurred on a weekend?

Thank you!
Cathy

Biff

Hi!

One way:

=IF(WEEKDAY(A1,2)5,"Weekend","")

Will return Weekend if the date in cell A1 is on the weekend, otherwise,
returns blank.

Biff

"Cathy Landry" wrote in message
Hello,

I have two columns with dates. Column A = Transaction Date and Column B =
Post Date. Is it possible to use a formula to identify those transactions
(
A) that occurred on a weekend?

Thank you!
Cathy

Gary's Student

If a date is in A1, then =WEEKDAY(A1,2)) will return 6 for Saturday and 7 for
Sunday. So

=IF(WEEKDAY(A1,2)5,"weekend","")

--
Gary's Student

"Cathy Landry" wrote:

Hello,

I have two columns with dates. Column A = Transaction Date and Column B =
Post Date. Is it possible to use a formula to identify those transactions (
A) that occurred on a weekend?

Thank you!
Cathy

Cathy Landry

Barb, thank you for the quick response! That worked!!! When you have time,
would you mind looking at my other post from 08/19 (required fields with
comments)?

Thank you again!