drumz

Default Subtracting cell contents - I can't believe it's not working!

I have a cell with generated data (L45) with this formula in it:
=SUM(L43+L44) and another cell that I manually enter an amopunt (M47). I want
to simply subtract the contents of one cell from another.
What is the formula? I tried:
=M47-L45
=sum(m47-l45)
=sum(m47)-(l45)
And all of them end up equalling 0
I can't believe it's not working and was hoping someone can help?
Thanks,
drumz

paul

why do you use sum(L43+44),you only need =L43+L44 or sum(L43:L44)
your new formula is in say m48 =L45-M47
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!