Bennie

Default Identifying an item in one col/row and searching an entire spreads

I am trying to fiqure out how to preform a function on a spreadsheet
identifying an item i.e Row 1 Col A (Joe Myfriend). In the rows following Col
A I have 14 Col which indicates Joe worked days and hours. But Joe works
other shifts. I would like to develope a string(function: to search the
entire spreadsheet for Joe Myfriend and to add up all the hours that Joe
works on all other shifts.
Example of what I need.
=find (Joe Myfriend(a1:z100) Add all hours associated with Joe Myfriend)Put
the resultant in z101. Then I want to populate this information on other
pages of the workbook. Can this be done